“I liked the skill with which the instructor built up the idea to where the ‘light bulb went off’.”
Rebecca Johannsen’s Top Tips for Improving Your EQ
Think emotions don’t belong in the workplace? Whether we want them there or not, emotions play a principal role in our workplace satisfaction. The primary reason employees leave a company is because of the relationship with their boss. The Emotional Intelligence (EQ) course works with leaders and direct reports to manage emotions in the workplace for a more successful and productive environment.
To find out how we can create a custom EQ course for your team, contact Dr. Johannsen today.
Use the code JOHANNSEN20 to receive 20% off enrollment!
About the Program
Technical know-how, subject expertise and IQ only get you so far in business today. Emotional Intelligence, or EQ, is the ability to manage your emotions and connect with others. This ability is critical in our culturally diverse, dispersed, fast-paced, global workplaces.
This interactive course will teach participants:
- A framework for understanding and managing your own and others’ EQ
- A series of tools for building EQ, as well as practice and feedback
- How professionals, like actors and psychologists, use communication cues to convey a message and determine others’ true feelings
- The latest research on the brain, emotions and performance
- Assess your own EQ, the areas of strength and how to leverage those
- Take home proven EQ exercises and learning tools that you can use yourself and with your team members, family members and others
- Learn how to read people, including the hidden messages in body language
- Strengthen your own emotional intelligence
What Other Participants Thought:
“It was very interactive & that was helpful to engage in different scenarios which may be relevant to real life.”
“Physical activity as a mechanism of engagement was highly effective. Role playing is not only fun but sufficiently ‘different’ that it really works!”
“I really enjoyed learning about EQ in action—it was a great reminder to step out of my automatic habits in order to get different results.”
“I learned more about myself. My feelings are not alone. Everyone has stress and many people get the fight or flight reaction. Nice instructors and students.”
“The combination of the science along with the practical side and how it applies in real world was highly effective.”